Friday 10 November 2017

Flora's Flyer for 10th November 2017

Dear Parent/Carer

Today, I’ve had a fantastic day. Primary 5A wowed us all with their parents’ assembly on Space, Douglas from the Music School entertained us all with a piano solo, our P6/7 assembly was all about standing up for the truth, our Primary 3B Classroom transformed into a Christmas Tag Factory and our Primary 6 classes inspired us all with their presentation on Malawi, we even got to join in with the dance! And it all happened in less than four hours!

And the rest of my week has been just as good. Our Primary 1s and 2s have started singing faster than a rocket (one of my favourites!), Primary 4 are excelling with our Golden Goal, our nursery children have a new painting soap bar, and a huge thank you to our P3 parents for coming in to school.

On Wednesday I had my first Ms McGhee’s Mingle for pupils and Ms Emslie and I were delighted to be joined the parents and children of the City of Edinburgh Music School. We had a super time eating croissants, tasting Sharon fruit, listening to music and celebrating success!

I met with our Parent Council Forum and we got excited about creating a flowchart on how we communicate with the school, our transition procedures and the role of our parent reps. I felt incredibly enthused by all the ideas and I’m looking forward to our Parent Council Meeting on Monday evening. I hope you can join us at 7pm.

This term we are identifying and recognising the importance of having a Back Up Team and I would like to say a huge thank you to all our parents and carers who, especially over the past two weeks, have shown me how privileged we are at Flora’s to have such a dedicated and supportive Back Up Team.

Wishing you a lovely weekend


Ms McGhee and everyone at Flora’s